Under the sun

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fake accents and bug-fixing

What can be worse than UAT/bug-fixing? Fake accents, especially when you involuntarily overhear conference calls with people speaking withfake accents, and worse still, just when you are fixing those damned bugs. I let the moronic and sonorous sound of the whacko near my desk who's put-on accent is as inspiring as a Kanchi Acharya speech, get on my nerves. As a result i'm hungry, angry and virtually unproductive and left with a totally fucked up mood.
I just want to go home and "let law take its own course" as our charge-sheeted politicians always say........

3 Comments:

  • Hahaha... Relax, Karthik!! All in the game.... Next time, bugs fix pannum podhu, headphones pottukonga... edhuvum kekkadahu.. :)

    By Blogger Madhu, at Wed Oct 12, 11:44:00 AM  

  • Yes, those whacky fake accents can get pretty annoying, once the initial few seconds of humour is done and dispensed with! I get a lot of those here in Australia! Our fellow countrymen, once here, do their best to imitate the "Assie" accent and slang, often with disastrous results!

    Sigh!

    By Blogger Satchitananda Sai, at Wed Oct 12, 01:27:00 PM  

  • madhu,
    Good point. My headphones will be my life-saver going forward :-))

    muse,
    The OZ accent is one of my favorite accents but it would be very annooying to see someone fakin' it..... :-)

    By Blogger Bala (Karthik), at Thu Oct 13, 04:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home