Under the sun

Monday, August 29, 2005

oru nAL oru Nightmare

"Criminals are not born, they are made", my friend Chezhiyan used to say this, refering to his antics in Sathyabama Engineering College. Those were trivial offenses, harmless in every way. I was very close to committing a grave offense, the retribution for which would have been dire. I'm talking about homicide here.
I watched "oru nAL oru kanavu" on Saturday night. I was late by about 5 minutes. I dragged along 6 of my friends who were rather reluctant to watch the movie. Something was going on in the screen but neither i nor my friends knew what exactly was happening. One thing was clear, though. I couldn't bear to watch a SINGLE FRAME in the movie. Had i known Srikanth would torment Tamil Nadu like this when he was my junior in school, i would have committed my first homicide then. By 10:30, some 30 minutes into the movie, i SMS-ed a poll "Those who want to leave right now raise your hands" to my friends seated besides me. Three hands went up and we three musketeers just bolted out of the theatre, leaving the other guys angry and confused because i had brought them to the movie in the first place! (hee hee, i couldn't help it...:) )
Generally i'm a Gandhi-respecting non-violent human being but just like in the famous quote cited above, Faazil did sow the seeds of homicidal thinking in my mind. Faazil, i'll give you one last chance. Please stop making movies - the only ones you make are family-senti-love types set in Kerala. Please.........

P.S: The Sonia Agarwal/Selvaraghavan murders would be a twin strike. Am thinking of an ingenious stealth-operation




4 Comments:

  • which school are u from?

    By Blogger Kaps, at Mon Aug 29, 11:20:00 PM  

  • I remember dragging my friends to Vikram's Kaadhal Sadugudu's opening night as it was directed by the guy who made Mugavari. I came within an ace of being lynched and left for the dead on Whites Road.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Aug 30, 12:08:00 PM  

  • Kaps,
    He was my junior by 1 year when i did my 12th in an obscure school called Sri Chakra Matric, now annexed by SBOA.....

    By Blogger Bala (Karthik), at Tue Aug 30, 01:44:00 PM  

  • Gee... thank God I didn't get to watch the movie... heard from a few friends that it was pathetic..

    By Blogger Madhu, at Mon Sep 26, 10:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home